Our client is a renowned commodity MNC. It is now expanding its team and looking to hire a few experienced sales Operations specialists (perm roles) for its base metal and PGM team. The following roles are available:
-1st role require PGM (e.g. Palladium, Rhodium) experience
-2nd role require Base metal (e.g. Copper, Aluminium, Zinc) exp or bulk shipment experience covering chrome, copper zinc
PURPOSE or role
Execute the fulfilment of contractual sales transactions to satisfy the firm’s and customers’ contractual obligations. These roles are critical in execution of shipments/air freight related activities as per contractual / commercial terms and to optimise value creations for all commercial activities.
Product Delivery/Shipment and Logistics (Base Metal/PGM)
- Execute shipping plan according to vessel schedule availability, customers’ requirements and expedition dates.
- Monitor production availability with the plant / refinery / mine
- Provide a close coordination between sales and operational logistics
- Provide instructions to logistics service providers and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Manage the shipment including the vessel nomination, port declaration, laycan declaration, shipping instructions, insurance declaration, load port/ discharge port surveyor appointment and load port and discharge port operations management
- Ensure shipment execution status and dates are updated timely and accurately in shipment status reports
- Review all quality certificates to ensure delivered commodity is within contractual tolerances.
- Ensure all shipping documentation and invoices generated are in order as required, e.g. bill of lading and quality certifications.
- Timely submission of shipping docs to banks/counterparties to facilitate prompt payment from customers
- Collating shipping documentation and maintaining physical file
- Manage assay exchange process and computation of final assay results
- Process all laytime calculations and timely settlement of demurrage / despatch
- Timely settlement of payment to freight forwarders, ship owners, warehouse operators, surveyors and laboratories
- Involves in LME/ Bonded warehouse cargo storage and cargo release operations.
- Warehouse management activities inclusive of reweighing process and quality update.
- Support LME warrant conversion, warrant cancellation, warrant trading activities.
- Check and / or operate all Letters of Credit for integrity and workability against the shipment.
- Obtain LC confirmation and discounting quotes from bank and support discounting process by submitting all related documentation to banks.
- Liaisons with Finance on payment receipt and final invoices are booked on a timely basis (service authority to finance / monitoring authority).
- Manage customer communications and deliver high service level to the customers in terms of quality and logistics services and meeting their expectations.
- Manage customer operational logistics interactions and communications to optimise logistics results.
- Facilitate and coordinate customers and supplier’s claims / queries to ensure speedy resolution.
Group Governance and Risk Management
- Execute sales operations activities in alignment with Group Business Integrity and Governance policies.
- Escalate and communicate any contract compliance discrepancies, logistics and other risk areas to the Manager Sales Operations.
- Support continuous review processes to identify opportunities that will help maximise value.
Support the implementation of key optimization projects to maximize value for the Marketing BU
-min 3 to 7 years of relevant sales operations/trade execution experience gained with a commodity MNC
-require cand to have either base metal or PGM experience.
-experience handling warrant trading (for base metal products) is useful but not a must
-meticulous and hand-son.
-takes initiative at work and can managed end to end sales operations matters (while working with the shipping, marketing and finance team)