Our client is a renowned and global commodity trading MNC based in town. We are looking for an experienced middle office professional to support its fuel oil business.
Reporting to the Head of the Middle office, you will work with the fuel oil traders closely.
- Responsible for timely deal entry, correct position reporting, PnL reporting, pricing reporting and adherence to trading limits.
- Deal entry in ETRM system / reporting of position, PnL and pricing risk to traders.
- Manage the risk profile of the trading business in line with the agreed appetite for risk and risk limits
- Proactively develop and improve business processes and ETRM systems / functionalities in coordination with traders / IT and Chief Risk Manager
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the various functions within the business, including finance, trading, middle office and operations
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A good degree in a numerate discipline with a financial major would be attractive, i.e. B. Comm., B. Economics etc. A further professional qualification may be helpful but not essential.
- Min 5 years’ experience in Middle Office with relevant experience supporting Oil or Fuel Oil or Bunker
- Preferably an experienced Market Risk/Business Analyst with strong understanding, knowledge and experience of commodity trading.
- Good in excel, including modelling and macros.
- Bright and sharp with good analytical skills.
- Passionate about risk and processes, pragmatic rather than overly theoretical, capable of working with the business lines to embed risk awareness and culture into everyday processes
- Stable, confident, independently minded but an inclusive team player, with the courage to voice his/her convictions to senior management and colleagues
- Technically competent re managing risk management ETRM systems and tools.
- Familiar with back office and middle office processes