Our client is a renowned commodity marketing MNC.
For this role, you are part of the marketing department for its met coal physical sales division. As the Sales Mgr, you execute approved sales and implement sales strategies in accordance with the 5-year business plan.
Optimization & Growth (key part)
•Manage a portfolio of existing customer accounts and develop long term relationships with key customers.
•Develop new opportunities for sales as directed by Head of Sales.
•Optimize value of sales book throughout the contract negotiation process.
•Implement new commercial opportunities through internal and external working relationships and interactions beyond immediate team.
•Implement sales activities where directed.
•Support the development and execution of trading in physical and financial markets.
Plan and Targets
•Support the Manager Sales (India and Pacific) in the creation of the annual sales targets and plans for the region.
•Create the annual sales plans and targets as directed by the Head of Sales.
•Assist in the delivery of the budgeted sales volume for the Business Unit.
•Work closely with the sales operations team to oversee the sales execution process and ensure excellent service delivery and quick resolution of customer queries.
•Address and resolve any customer complaints/service shortfalls escalating to Head of Sales where appropriate.
Risk and Governance
•Execute the Metallurgical Coal strategy within Marketing’s defined risk and governance framework.
•Execute the Metallurgical Coal strategy with zero breaches.
Managerial accountable to:
Head of Sales, Metallurgical Coal
Key Internal Role Relationships:
Sales Team, Integrated Coal Chain, Commercial, Market Intelligence Risk & Legal, Ferrous Trading Team, Shipping.
Customers, Sales Agents, Seller’s Helpers
CAPABILITY REQUIRED TO DO THE ROLE
- Deg qualified with min 3 years of related sales experience gained with a commodity/mining MNC
- Experience/knowledge of the coal market, or other bulk commodities (iron ore, thermal coal)
- Able to travel about one week in a month. The travel will cover mostly India (mainly) and South America
- An understanding of the economic, commercial and political issues affecting the coal market.
- Expertise in global commodity markets and their drivers.
- Knowledge of Metallurgical Coal value chain.
- Experience/knowledge of the coal market, technical coal specifications and operational knowledge
- Sound knowledge of Steel Making process.
- Sound knowledge of financial management.
- Sound knowledge of contract management.
- Deep understanding of marketing fundamentals (ie. pricing, delivery strategy, value chain dynamics, net back calculations).
- Strong ability to prioritise deliverables under pressure
- Culturally adaptable
- Commercial Reasoning and Application
- Commodity Knowledge
- Customer Relationship Management
- Negotiation and Influencing
- Sales Execution
- Physical and Financial Trading