Our client is a global MNC which is a market leader in its field. The Singapore office is a global HQ and it is based in town. For this role, the primary responsibility is to support the Assistant Controller on all financial matters of Group and Company accounts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accounting Manager is responsible for:
1) Coordinate with French finance team to cover all finance related work as below
2) Statutory accounting:
- Timely and accurate closing of account periodically
- Timely and accurate all necessary statutory and tax filings
- Ensure compliance with IFRS for management reporting and internal controls
- Liaise with external agents such as auditors, tax advisors, company secretary and other government agencies.
3) Management reporting:
- Assist in preparation and analysis of Europe divisional forecast vs. performances
- Participate and assist in annual budget preparation process
4) Consolidation Reporting:
- In charge of quarterly IFRS Consolidation reporting for Europe division
- Handle and resolve queries from HQ
REQUIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- CPA/ CA with a degree in Finance, Accounting or related studies.
- Around 5 to 7 years of accounting experience of which at least three years in audit.
- Experience working with regional/global teams is useful but not a must
- Solid technical accounting skills (IFRS).
- Control focus and internal audit experience an advantage but not mandatory.
- Commercial experience an advantage but not mandatory.
- Analytical, articulate and able to communicate comfortably with senior stakeholders.
- Possessing ability to manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities through effective time management.
- Ability to work with a variety of different business and local cultures, will be integral to succeed in this role.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-motivated, responsible & can work independently as well as collaboratively. Possess good relationship building and influencing skills.
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Able to travel 20% to 30% of the time.